Contract Position | Start April 2021 until December 2021 with the potential to extend
- To lead a portfolio of major client accounts for Event Planet
- To retain and grow Event Planet’s existing client accounts by consistently designing and delivering a high standard of events
- To seek and develop new client opportunities and engagements
Event Manager responsibilities:
- To provide end-to-end project management managing multiple projects, tasks and deadlines
- To provide an excellent standard of account management services for all event clients
- To provide professional event production services for all event projects
- To manage client expectations
- To develop creative concepts and event design plans
- To undertake venue and supplier sourcing, negotiations and management
- To develop and manage client project budgets
- Ensure all projects are cashflow positive at all times
- To develop and manage event production schedules
- To monitor all event production activities to ensure compliance with applicable laws, licenses and company policies including COVID guidelines and regulations
- To analyse problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure optimal outcomes for the agency and clients
- To maintain a high standard of internal and external documentation for proposals, pre-production, post-production, client and supplier correspondence
- To perform onsite event management
- To perform onsite event crew management
- To undertake detailed post event evaluation and develop post event reports
- To attend post event debrief meetings with clients with the aim of developing new client and project engagements
- To manage the implementation of all key learnings from events
- General shared office administration and activities
- To drive client services excellence and a culture of exceeding client expectations
- To ensure the team are continually developing their event management and business development skills
- To attract, develop and retain a talented team of producers, managers and coordinators
- To build on the company’s existing track record of developing award-winning industry leaders
- To adhere to and actively promote Event Planet’s company policies and procedures
Desired Skill & Experience Requirements
- A minimum of 10 years corporate event management including conferences, product launches, brand activations, corporate hospitality, incentive programs and the like.
- Virtual and hybrid event experience (preferred not essential)
- Ability to delegate to and manage a team project as well as work independently
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and genuine desire to work to high standards
- Professional and polite phone manner
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Visio and Creative Suite (preferred not essential)
- Proficiency with Pegasus Workflow Systems (preferred not essential as training can be provided)
- Proficiency with MYOB Project Accounting (preferred not essential as training can be provided)
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline
Personal Attribute Requirements
- Highly motivated and driven to exceed expectations
- Highly organised and efficient
- Reliable and honest
- Polite and professional
- Neat and tidy
- Well presented
- Flexible and adaptable
The position is based at our offices in Woollahra, Sydney.
Some interstate travel for meetings and events may be required.
A vehicle and valid driver’s licence are preferred but not essential.
|Position Published||Thursday 1st April 2021|
|Application Close Date||Friday 30th April 2021 (unless filled prior)
Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received.
|Salary||Market; depends on applicants’ level of experience.|
|Type||Contract of either 4 or 5 full days per week.|
|Commencement||April 2021 until December 2021 with the potential to extend|
|Submission Instructions||By email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the stated close date.
Please ensure you note your name and the job title in the Email Subject e.g. Jane Smith – Job Application.
ABOUT EVENT PLANET
Event Planet is an award-wining Australian strategic and creative experiential agency.
We connect brands and audiences through the creation of powerful live and digital experiences that inspire emotions and influence behaviours that deliver positive outcomes for our clients; to motivate, to educate, to promote and to entertain.
We actively deepen the connection between our clients’ brands and audiences so they can engage with greater purpose, loyalty and measurability. The relationships we cultivate build communities, create meaning, generate prosperity and bring joy.
We embed our practises with CSR, ethical decision-making, care for the environment and employee wellbeing.
Our Client Portfolio
Event Planet’s client list consists of market-leading global brands, blue chip corporations, national and global franchises including Veuve Clicquot, Moët et Chandon, Bulgari, Dior, Paspaley, Cricket Australia, Tabcorp, Cheesecake Shop, Mirvac, Marks & Spencer, PwC, Bloomberg, Bonds, Audi Australia, Jaguar Land Rover, Google Australia, E&Y and more.
Event Planet also has a number of high profile Australian Federal Government departments and agencies in its client portfolio.
Event Planet is consistently recognised as one of Australia’s leading agencies, winning the prestigious Australian Event Manager of the Year award on numerous occasions.
The pioneering spirit of the Event Planet leadership team is fuelled by five principled corporate values; excellence, ingenuity, collaboration, passion and integrity.
- Excellence: we are relentless in our pursuit.
- Ingenuity: we don’t just think outside the box, we think like there’s no box at all.
- Collaboration: with our clients, our trusted suppliers and our team.
- Passion: for our clients, for building meaningful connections and sharing communal experiences.
- Integrity: do the right thing, the right way, always.
Our team culture is authentic, inviting and commercially savvy. We are meticulous and exemplify precision in all that we do. We are established industry leaders and are steadfast in the delivery of world-class client services.