3 Month Freelance Contract
- To work with our Directors to design, manage and deliver corporate events to a high standard in accordance with Event Planet’s company policies and procedures.
Event Management Responsibilities:
- Support Event Directors in the design and delivery of client projects
- Corporate event design, management and delivery
- Venue and supplier sourcing, negotiation and management
- Preparation of relevant supplier invoices for the weekly payment run with the Finance Manager
- Collation and preparation of documents, reports and pitch presentation materials
- Pre-production and production schedule management
- Onsite event and crew management
- Support and assistance for Event Producers
- Support and training for Event Coordinators
- Marketing and promotional activities
- Collation and preparation of content for digital and social media channels
- General shared office administration and management
Desired Skill & Experience Requirements
- A minimum of 5 years corporate event management in Australia (preferably Sydney)
- Strong Sydney and Interstate general knowledge; venues, suppliers, activities
- Experience in drafting and collating documents, reports and presentations
- Experience in venue and/or supplier finding research and negotiations
- Experience in onsite event installation, co-ordination and pack down
- Excellent written and verbal skills including professional phone manner
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Visio
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Indesign and Creative Suite programs (preferred but not essential)
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline
Personal Attribute Requirements
- Highly motivated and driven to exceed expectations
- Highly organised and efficient
- Reliable and honest
- Polite and professional
- Neat and tidy
- Well presented
- Flexible and adaptable
The position is based at our offices in Woollahra, Sydney.
Some interstate travel for meetings and events may be required.
A vehicle and valid driver’s licence are preferred but not essential.
|Position Published||Monday 12th April 2021|
|Friday 23rd April 2021 (unless filled prior)
Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received.
|Salary||Market; depends on applicants’ level of experience.|
|Type||Contract of either 4 or 5 full days per week.|
|Duration||End April 2021 until July 2021 with the potential to extend.|
|By email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the stated close date.
Please ensure you note your name and the job title in the Email Subject e.g. Jane Smith – Job Application.
ABOUT EVENT PLANET
Event Planet is an award-wining Australian strategic and creative experiential agency.
We connect brands and audiences through the creation of powerful live and digital experiences that inspire emotions and influence behaviours that deliver positive outcomes for our clients; to motivate, to educate, to promote and to entertain.
We actively deepen the connection between our clients’ brands and audiences so they can engage with greater purpose, loyalty and measurability. The relationships we cultivate build communities, create meaning, generate prosperity and bring joy.
We embed our practices with CSR, ethical decision-making, care for the environment and employee wellbeing.
Our Client Portfolio
Event Planet’s client list consists of market-leading global brands, blue chip corporations, national and global franchises including Veuve Clicquot, Moët et Chandon, Bulgari, Dior, Paspaley, Cricket Australia, Tabcorp, Cheesecake Shop, Mirvac, Marks & Spencer, PwC, Bloomberg, Bonds, Audi Australia, Jaguar Land Rover, Google Australia, E&Y and more.
Event Planet also has a number of high profile Australian Federal Government departments and agencies in its client portfolio.
Event Planet is consistently recognised as one of Australia’s leading agencies, winning the prestigious Australian Event Manager of the Year award on numerous occasions.
The pioneering spirit of the Event Planet leadership team is fuelled by five principled corporate values; excellence, ingenuity, collaboration, passion and integrity.
- Excellence: we are relentless in our pursuit.
- Ingenuity: we don’t just think outside the box, we think like there’s no box at all.
- Collaboration: with our clients, our trusted suppliers and our team.
- Passion: for our clients, for building meaningful connections and sharing communal experiences.
- Integrity: do the right thing, the right way, always.
Our team culture is authentic, inviting and commercially savvy. We are meticulous and exemplify precision in all that we do. We are established industry leaders and are steadfast in the delivery of world-class client services.