Full Time | Permanent Position | Start October 2019
To design, manage and deliver large scale events for Event Planet’s valued client base of market-leading companies and global brands.
To meet and exceed client expectations on time and on budget for a wide array of event types and styles.
To seek and develop new client opportunities and engagements.
Event Manager responsibilities:
- Corporate event design, management and delivery
- Client account management, development and growth
- Venue and supplier sourcing, negotiation and management
- Proposal writing
- Presentation delivery
- Budget management
- Pre-production and production schedule management
- Onsite event management
- Onsite crew management
- Support for Event Producers and training for Event Coordinators
- Collation and preparation of content for digital and social media channels
- General shared office administration and management
Essential competencies and experience
- A minimum of 3 years corporate event management in Australia
- Strong Sydney and Interstate general knowledge; venues, suppliers, activities
- Proficiency in drafting and collating documents, reports and presentations
- Proficiency in venue and/or supplier finding research and negotiations
- Experience in onsite event installation, co-ordination and pack down
- Excellent written and verbal skills including professional phone manner
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Proficiency with Pegasus Systems software processes (training can be provided)
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Visio and Creative Suite programs (preferred)
The personal attribute requirements include:
- Reliable and honest
- Highly organised and efficient
- Polite and professional
- Neat, tidy and well presented
- A team player
- A positive attitude and outlook
The position is based at our offices in Potts Point, Sydney.
A vehicle and valid driver’s licence is preferred but not essential.
Some interstate travel for meetings and events will be required.
|Position Published||Wednesday 25th September 2019|
|Application Close Date||Friday 11th October 2019 unless an appointment is made prior
Applications will be reviewed on a first received first reviewed basis
|Salary||Market; depends on applicants’ level of experience.|
|Type||Full time permanent position|
|Commencement||Mid October 2019 or earlier|
|Submission Instructions||By email to email@example.com before the stated close date.
Please ensure you note your name and the job title in the Email Subject e.g. Jane Smith – Job Application.
ABOUT EVENT PLANET
Event Planet comprises a talented and diversely skilled team of full-time Event Producers, Event Managers and Event Coordinators and is regarded as one of Australia’s most respected and reliable event management companies, producing a wide range of events for businesses and organisations in the corporate and government sectors.
Our Client Portfolio
Market-leading companies and brands who have recently engaged Event Planet’s services include Jaguar Land Rover, Google Australia, Veuve Clicquot, Moet et Chandon, DHL Worldwide, Cricket Australia, Accenture, Tata Consultancy Services, Cheesecake Shop, Mirvac, Marks & Spencer, PwC, Bloomberg, Bonds, Audi Australia, Tabcorp and E&Y.
In recent years, Event Planet has added a number of high profile Australian Federal Government departments and agencies into the client portfolio, having produced the National Broadband Network Forum and the Digital Television Switchover Conference for the Department of Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy. Additionally, the company has produced the inaugural National e-Health Conference, the Australian Indigenous Leadership Forum and a number of key, multi-stakeholder events for Infrastructure Australia.
Event Planet has been recognised as the premier event management company in Australia by consecutively winning the prestigious and coveted Event Manager of the Year award at both the 2012 and 2013 Australian Event Awards. In the history of the awards, Event Planet is the only company to win the title more than once, let alone in back-to-back years. In 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018 and 2019 Event Planet was again named in the top echelon of Australian event agencies as a Highly Commended National Finalist for this title.
The pioneering spirit of the Event Planet leadership team is fuelled by four principled corporate values; integrity, originality, productivity and dependability.
Our award-winning directors, producers and event managers are recognised as one of Australia’s most creative and innovative event management teams. Collectively, we offer an unrivalled combination of national and international professional event management and live brand experience across a multitude of event types. Together, with the support of a dedicated full-time and in-house team of passionate and motivated individuals, plus our freelance counterparts, we deliver successful events that last long in the memory of our clients and their important guests.