OFFICE MANAGER/EVENT COORDINATOR
We are searching for a motivated and highly organised Office Manager/Event Coordinator who is keen to kick start their career in corporate events. The ideal candidate must be eager to join a successful, dynamic event management agency and learn from the ground up.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, this all-rounder role involves being the driving force in managing an efficient, professional and harmonious workplace. The role also involves working in corporate event design and production as well as
The position is a permanent, full time role and will suit someone with excellent attention to detail skills who will thrive in a fast paced, creative, professional agency environment where no two days are ever the same.
The responsibilities are approximately 70% office management and 30% event production. There is potential for permanent promotion into the event production team based on performance over time.
The successful candidate must be available to start work no later than Monday 11th February, 2019. If a candidate is selected prior to this the role can commence immediately.
The general responsibilities for the Event Co-ordinator/Office Manager include;
- Executive and personal assistance to the Managing Director and General Manager
- Managing inbound communications including phone reception and mail
- Assisting with the coordination of client events including venue and supplier sourcing and price negotiations
- Assisting with event pre-production including drafting run sheets and production schedules
- Onsite event coordinating including deliveries, set up, co-ordination and pack down
- Managing internal communications, team co-ordination, staff training and social events
- Managing external company communications including website updates and social media
- Collaborating with colleagues to manage the digital media channels and their content requirements
- Collating and preparing documents, reports and pitch presentation materials
- Managing stationery inventory, couriers, office amenities, food and beverage supplies
- Managing office repairs, maintenance, presentation and cleanliness
- Managing job and staff expense entries into Pegasus Systems including third party suppliers and staff costs
- Managing preparations for the Finance Manager to process the weekly payment run
The professional skill requirements for the role include;
- A minimum of 2 years working in an executive office, preferably in event management or agency business
- Degree or diploma in event management, marketing or communications
- Professional phone manner and verbal communications skills
- Excellent written skills
- Experience in document, report and presentation drafting and collating
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Good general knowledge about Sydney and Australia
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Indesign and Creative Suite programs (preferred but not essential)
- Graduates who have successfully completed internships at event/advertising/marketing/PR agencies are welcome to apply
Event Planet expects all employees to be;
- Highly organised and efficient
- Professional, neat and tidy
- Polite and well presented
- Reliable, punctual and honest
- Positive minded, enthusiastic and ambitious
- Hard working and dedicated
- Keen to please – no job too big or too small
The position is based in Potts Point Sydney. A vehicle and valid driver’s licence is preferred but not essential.
Interstate travel may be required for meetings and events.
To complete your application please submit the following information to Event Planet:
- A Cover Page
- Your Resume
- Responses to the following questions;
- In up to three paragraphs, please tell us why you would like to work at Event Planet
- In up to two paragraphs, please tell us what you would like to achieve in your career over the next 2 -3 years
Please submit all information to email@example.com no later than Friday 1st February 2019.
Please ensure you note your name and the job title in the Email Subject eg. Jane Smith – Job Application.
Important: All applications will be reviewed on a first submitted, first reviewed basis.
ABOUT EVENT PLANET
Event Planet is an award-winning, full service, boutique event management agency. We design, manage and deliver bespoke events for our clients in Australia and abroad.
Our specialty is creating innovative and powerful in-person experiences to achieve the objectives of our valued clients and their brands.
Founded by Managing Director, Amy Merriman in Sydney in 2001 the business has now grown to a full-time team of award-winning Event Directors, Producers, Managers, Co-ordinators and agency support staff.
Event Planet is recognised as one of Australia’s most exceptional event management teams with a reputation for going “above and beyond” to deliver success.
We are creative, innovative, passionate and meticulous and the heart and soul of our company is bringing ideas to life.
Market-leading companies and international brand clients include Moet et Chandon, Veuve Clicquot, Dom Perignon, Belvedere Vodka, Bulgari, Dior, Paspaley, Breitling, La Prairie, Google, Jaguar Land Rover, Audi, Nestle, Coca Cola, Lion Nathan, Marks & Spencer, Tabcorp, Crown Resorts, Bloomberg, Commonwealth Bank, Macquarie Bank, Deutsche Bank, Merrill Lynch, Credit Suisse, JP Morgan, Credit Union Australia, Warner Bros, 20th Century Fox, Vodafone, Sony Ericsson, Fuji Xerox, Microsoft, Lexmark, Palantir, Medallia, DHL, McKinsey & Co, PwC, Deloitte, Ernst & Young, Mirvac, Colliers, Built, Multiplex, Bonds, Berlei, Sheridan, Pandora, Cheesecake Shop, Snap Printing, Cricket Australia, Engineers Australia, Brown Brothers, Hardy Brothers and many more.
High profile Australian Federal Government departments and agency clients include Department of Health, Department of Communications, Infrastructure Australia, Australian Reinsurance Pool Corporation, NSW Premier’s Department, QLD Premier’s Department and the Australian Energy Markets Commission.
Specialised hospitality venue and resort clients include the Australian Turf Club (including Randwick Racecourse and Rosehill Gardens), Sydney Cricket and Sports Ground Trust (including the Sydney Football Stadium), Racing Victoria, Melbourne Racing Club, Hilton Hotels, Crown Resorts and Opera Bar at the Sydney Opera House.
Event Planet is the only event management agency in Australia to have been so consistently recognised by the prestigious Australian Event Awards.
In 2012 and 2013, Event Planet won the coveted Best Event Management Company of the Year and in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2018, Event Planet was one of three Highly Commended National Finalists for this title.
Our General Manager, Laura Sage, was awarded Australian Young Event Manager of the Year at the 2012 Australian Event Awards and our Production Director, Monique O’Callaghan, was awarded the same national title in 2015.