Event Planet specialises in designing, coordinating and managing corporate events. It collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information to perform its functions and activities as a provider of these services.
Collection of personal information
The kinds of personal information that Event Planet collects and holds include:
- contact details (for example, residential & postal address, email address, telephone number(s), facsimile number);
- occupation, such as company and position;
- financial information, such as your credit/debit card number, security number, expiry date or other billing information;
- passport details;
- frequent flyer details;
- health information, such as information about your dietary requirements, health issues and physical disabilities (if any); and
- other details relevant to your attendance at an event.
Where practical, Event Planet collects personal information directly from you when we deal with you in person, by telephone, letter, facsimile, email or when you visit our website. For example, we may collect your personal information when you:
- make enquiries about our services or events;
- enter our competitions or promotions;
- complete our surveys;
- subscribe to receive marketing materials from us;
- provide feedback to us; or
- apply for a job or work experience with us.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our services or offer you a job or work experience.
In some circumstances Event Planet may collect personal information from third parties such as an employer or event host.
Use and disclosure of information
The purposes for which Event Planet uses personal information include:
- to establish and manage accounts;
- to communicate with you in relation to services;
- to provide products and services;
- to send marketing communications to which you have subscribed;
- to send notifications regarding any competitions or promotions to which you are an entrant;
- to obtain feedback from you;
- to improve and develop services and support including through quality control, research and data analysis activities;
- to update you on services;
- for recruitment purposes, including to advise an individual as to the status of a job vacancy or a work experience or internship placement;
- to respond to any complaint made by you;
- manage our accounts payment and order systems;
- improve our internal procurement management processes;
- improve our relationship with our suppliers; and
- other secondary or ancillary purposes.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
In order to deliver our services, Event Planet may need to disclose your personal information to third party suppliers who support the operation of our business such as travel agents, caterers, accommodation providers, credit card processors, freight agents and the like.
Event Planet will not disclose personal information to parties outside Event Planet, other than for a purpose directly related to our business or in the course of providing our services.
Disclosure to third party software and technology providers
Event Plant utilises third party software and technologies to record, store and manage personal information collected by us.
Disclosure required or authorised by law
Your personal information may be disclosed to other parties where you have agreed or it is required or authorised under an Australian law or by court/ tribunal orders.
Overseas disclosure of personal information
In order to provide you with our services, your personal information, such as your contact details, may be disclosed to an overseas recipient, and in particular to Event Planet’s third party software and technology providers, customers and suppliers who are located overseas. We currently deal with numerous international organisations which are based in many different countries including USA, Canada, UK, India, Nepal, China, Singapore, South Korea, Malaysia and New Zealand. This list of countries will change from time to time. If you have any specific questions about where or to whom your personal information will be sent, please contact our Privacy Officer or email email@example.com.
Event Planet has implemented a range of security measures to prevent the misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure of your personal information. These include:
- Secure Sockets Layer and other encryption technologies;
- firewalls and intrusion detection systems;
- virus protection back-ups;
- restricted access; and
- regular server vulnerability and penetration testing.
Event Planet regularly reviews security and encryption technologies and strives to protect any personal information provided to us.
Access to information
In order to provide you with our services, Event Planet relies on the accuracy of personal information that you provide. You should promptly notify Event Planet if there are any changes to your personal information, by contacting Event Planet by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can request access to personal information that Event Planet holds about you, and you can request that Event Planet corrects that personal information. Event Planet will give you access to your personal information, and will take reasonable steps to correct it if Event Planet considers that it is incorrect, unless there is a law that allows or requires us not to.
If Event Planet refuses to give you access to your personal information, or to correct it, Event Planet will notify you in writing and will provide reasons.
If you would like to access or correct your personal information, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
If you wish to make a complaint to Event Planet about how we have handled your personal information, you should forward a written complaint to our Privacy Officer:
Event Planet Pty Ltd
Post: Suite 1, Level 2, 156 Edgecliff Road, Woollahra, NSW, 2025
Event Planet will respond in writing within 30 days of receipt of a complaint.
If the complaint remains unresolved, you have the option of notifying the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). Contact details can be found at OAIC’s website: www.oaic.gov.au.