EVENT COORDINATOR / OFFICE MANAGER
We are searching for a motivated and highly organised Event Coordinator / Office Manager who is keen to kick start their career in events. The ideal candidate must be eager to join a successful, dynamic event management agency and learn from the ground up.
Reporting directly to the Events Director, this all-rounder role involves working in corporate event design and production as well as driving an efficient, professional and harmonious workplace.
The position is a permanent, full time role and will suit someone with excellent attention to detail skills who will thrive in a fast paced, creative, professional agency environment where no two days are ever the same.
The responsibilities are approximately 70% office management and 30% event production. There is potential for permanent promotion into the event production team based on performance over time.
The general responsibilities for the Event Co-ordinator/Office Manager include;
- Executive assistance to the Directors
- Managing inbound communications including phone reception and mail
- Assisting with the coordination of client events including venue and supplier sourcing and price negotiations
- Assisting with event pre-production including drafting run sheets and production schedules
- Onsite event coordinating including deliveries, set up, co-ordination and pack down
- Managing internal communications, team co-ordination, staff training and social events
- Managing external company communications including website updates and social media
- Collaborating with colleagues to manage the digital media channels and their content requirements
- Collating and preparing documents, reports and pitch presentation materials
- Managing stationery inventory, couriers, office amenities, food and beverage supplies
- Managing office repairs, maintenance, presentation and cleanliness
- Managing job and staff expense entries into Pegasus Systems including third party suppliers and staff costs
- Managing preparations for the Finance Manager to process the weekly payment run
The professional skill requirements for the role include;
- A minimum of 2 years working in an executive office, preferably in event management or agency business
- Degree or diploma in event management, marketing or communications
- Professional phone manner and verbal communications skills
- Excellent written skills
- Experience in document, report and presentation drafting and collating
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Good general knowledge about Sydney and Australia
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Indesign and Creative Suite programs (preferred but not essential)
- Graduates who have successfully completed internships at event/advertising/marketing/PR agencies are welcome to apply
Event Planet expects all employees to be;
- Highly organised and efficient
- Professional, neat and tidy
- Polite and well presented
- Reliable, punctual and honest
- Positive minded, enthusiastic and ambitious
- Hard working and dedicated
- Keen to please – no job too big or too small
The position is based in Potts Point Sydney. A vehicle and valid driver’s licence is preferred but not essential.
Interstate travel may be required for meetings and events.
To complete your application please submit the following information to Event Planet:
- A Cover Page
- Your Resume
- Responses to the following questions;
- In up to three paragraphs, please tell us why you would like to work at Event Planet
- In up to two paragraphs, please tell us what you would like to achieve in your career over the next 2 -3 years
Please submit all information to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday 22nd December 2017.
Please ensure you note your name and the job title in the Email Subject eg. Jane Smith – Job Application.
Important: All applications will be reviewed on a first submitted, first reviewed basis.
ABOUT EVENT PLANET
Event Planet is one of Australia’s most respected and innovative event management companies. For over 15 years, Event Planet has been producing successful events for market-leading corporations, global brands and Government departments.
Event Planet has won the coveted Australian Event Manager of the Year title in both 2012 and 2013 at the independently judged Australian Event Awards, and was a highly commended finalist in 2014, 2015 and 2016.
Event Planet works hand-in-hand with clients to design, plan, manage and deliver modern and meaningful communications strategies through in-person event experiences.
The heart and soul of Event Planet is bringing ideas to life.
Event Planet’s client portfolio includes Google, Veuve Clicquot, Moet et Chandon, Belvedere Vodka, DHL, Mirvac, Jaguar, Land Rover, Tabcorp, Lion Nathan, Cricket Australia, Cheesecake Shop, Beam Suntory, Australian Turf Club, Sydney Cricket Ground Trust.
In recent years, Event Planet has added a number of high-profile Federal and State government departments and agencies to its client portfolio. It produced the National Broadband Network Forum and the Digital Television Switchover Conference for the Department of Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy. In addition, the company produced the inaugural National e-Health Conference, the Australian Indigenous Leadership Forum and the multi-stakeholder Connecting the Dots Conferences for Infrastructure Australia.
Event Planet greatly values the importance of giving and takes an active role in the wider community. The company provides specialist event services, media support, sponsorship and creative input to fundraising initiatives for a number of important charities and not-for-profit organisations.