To oversee and lead Client Services at Event Planet.
To manage and grow our existing client accounts by devising client strategy, developing client relationships and delivering client objectives.
To seek and develop new client opportunities and engagements.
Client Services responsibilities:
- To manage and grow commercial opportunities with existing clients to maximise revenue growth
- To lead the client services process
- To write and execute client development plans for key client relationships
- To build and engage targeted new clients to maximise revenue growth
- To lead and be accountable for the new business sales processes
- To conduct outreach, client introductions and business development meetings
- To prepare new client and project proposals, deliver live presentations and win pitches
- To develop best practice in client servicing and to run regular sessions with the client servicing and production team to share knowledge and experiences
- To undertake regular reporting and resource planning with management to assign appropriate team members to projects and resolve any issues
- To obtain client feedback and drive increased in client satisfaction and engagement
- To negotiate beneficial pricing and contract terms with client procurement teams
- To personally lead one or two key client relationships
- To drive client services excellence and a culture of exceeding client expectations
- To ensure the client servicing team are continually developing their event management and business development skills
- To attract, develop and retain a talented team of producers, managers and coordinators
- To build on the company’s existing track record of developing award-winning industry leaders
- To actively contribute to the corporate strategy and revenue growth of the company
- To promote the company’s purpose and vision of ownership of its values and strategic objectives
- To contribute to the development of a culture that enjoys the challenge of achieving performance targets and financial goals
- To be responsible for self-development
- To participate in the company’s performance development process
- To carry out all duties in accordance with the company policies, procedures and standards
ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE
- Over 8 years Australian event management industry experience
- Significant client account management and senior executive experience
- Proven track record in growing accounts, winning new business and sales pitches
- Strong marketing thinking and understanding of communications disciplines
- Exemplary client services skills with the ability to maintain and extend client relationships
- Excellent time management and numeracy skills and attention to detail
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and experience in interacting with senior stakeholders
- Fluent, clear and articulate verbal communication
- Excellent presentation and proposal pitching skills
- Assertive and able to take charge of a situation, when appropriate
- The ability to lead, motivate and influence others
- Proven leadership experience managing team and coaching service teams
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Visio and Creative Suite (preferred not essential)
- Proficiency with Pegasus Workflow Systems (preferred not essential as training can be provided)
The personal attribute requirements include:
- Reliable and honest
- Highly organised and efficient
- Polite and professional
- Neat, tidy and well presented
- A team player
- A positive attitude and outlook
The position is based at our offices in Potts Point, Sydney.
A vehicle and valid driver’s licence is preferred but not essential.
Some interstate travel for meetings and events will be required.
|Position Published||Monday 13th November 2017|
|Application Close Date||Friday 15th December 2017 Unless an appointment is made prior|
|Salary||Market; depends on applicants’ level of experience.
Estimated OTE $125,000 – $150,000
|Type||Full time permanent contract|
|Commencement||Mid to late January 2018|
|Submission Instructions||By email to email@example.com before the stated close date.
Please ensure you note your name and the job title in the Email Subject e.g. Jane Smith – Job Application.
ABOUT EVENT PLANET
Event Planet comprises a talented and diversely skilled team of full-time Event Producers, Event Managers and Event Coordinators and is regarded as one of Australia’s most respected and reliable event management companies, producing a wide range of events for businesses and organisations in the corporate and government sectors.
Our Client Portfolio
Market-leading companies and brands who have recently engaged Event Planet’s services include Jaguar Land Rover, Google Australia, Veuve Clicquot, Moet et Chandon, DHL Worldwide, Cricket Australia, Accenture, Tata Consultancy Services, Cheesecake Shop, Mirvac, Marks & Spencer, PwC, Bloomberg, Bonds, Audi Australia, Tabcorp and E&Y.
In recent years, Event Planet has added a number of high profile Australian Federal Government departments and agencies into the client portfolio, having produced the National Broadband Network Forum and the Digital Television Switchover Conference for the Department of Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy. Additionally, the company has produced the inaugural National e-Health Conference, the Australian Indigenous Leadership Forum and a number of key, multi-stakeholder events for Infrastructure Australia.
Event Planet has been recognised as the premier event management company in Australia by consecutively winning the prestigious and coveted Event Manager of the Year award at both the 2012 and 2013 Australian Event Awards. In the history of the awards, Event Planet is the only company to win the title more than once, let alone in back-to-back years. In 2014, 2015 and 2016, Event Planet was again named in the top echelon of Australian event agencies as a highly commended finalist for this title.
The pioneering spirit of the Event Planet leadership team is fuelled by four principled corporate values; integrity, originality, productivity and dependability.
Our award-winning directors, producers and event managers are recognised as one of Australia’s most creative and innovative event management teams. Collectively, we offer an unrivalled combination of national and international professional event management and live brand experience across a multitude of event types. Together, with the support of a dedicated full-time and in-house team of passionate and motivated individuals, plus our freelance counterparts, we deliver successful events that last long in the memory of our clients and their important guests.